Digital Marketing Guide 2021
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the online promotion of business/products on the internet or on other electronic devices. This includes using web browser, tablet and mobile devices, social media and also using search engine optimization to reach the users.
A totally different way of marketing to more traditional methods such as direct mail or print advertising in glossy magazines which come with limited methods of tracking success, digital marketing relies heavily on user data to inform content, placement, and eventual success.
Taking the often excessive expense of things like ad space, digital marketing is not only arguably more powerful than traditional marketing methods, but also far less expensive; Pay Per Click advertising, for example, allows you to pay a nominal fee only when your advert is clicked on.
CRM & Analytics
Understanding and analyzing data is the most important element of digital marketing.
Understanding what your visitors do when they click through from an advert or land on your website is the key to success and that kind of data can tell you a lot, not just about the strength of your advert, but the areas of your website that are most effective and most ineffective.
Digital marketing hinges on understanding and responding to your users; doing more of what your users engage with, and less of what they don’t. Digital marketing incorporates photography, video, creative use of content, and distinctive branding to create adverts and promotional material that talks directly to the needs of the user.
Digital marketing helps you find, and get in front of, your ideal customer.
Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Your Website
- Affiliate Model
- Display Ads
- Influencer Marketing
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing web pages and their content to be easily discoverable by users searching for terms relevant to your website.
SEO focuses on improving the organic rankings on search engines such as Google by implementing following strategies:
- Keywords analysis, Competition research, volume data, and the latest trends. Following SEO best practices set by companies such as Google. Performing Technical SEO on your web pages. The key here is to have content and keywords on your website so it is discoverable by users who are searching for the terms relevant to your website.
- Content strategies to improve your search ranking. Write great blogs that provides value to the intended audience.
- Google Analytics. View website traffic, learn about the behavior of your visitors, measure results, and more.
- On-page SEO, technical, and off-page SEO. Site structure, snippets, and more.
- Understanding of Backlinks, links power authority, and building quality backlinks to improve your search ranking.
What is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is the act of creating content to promote your business and products on various social media platforms such as:
Benefits of using Social Media Marketing:
- Generate Leads
- Develop relations with customers
- Your competition is more likely on Social Media
- Brand Awareness
- Sell your product or services
- Host live videos
- Include links to your website
Paid marketing strategies and creating a sales funnel for success. Using the correct digital channel to maximize conversions. Facebook ADS, Versus YouTube, and Google ADS. In-depth exercise with Google ADS for search and display advertising.
View website traffic, learn about the behavior of your visitors, measure results, bounce rate, and much more.
What is CRM?
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is an approach that helps businesses improve existing customer relationships and acquire new customers faster.
As a business grows, it quickly becomes necessary to have one central place where all of this information lives.
CRM is typically used to track leads and customers. Some CRM’s may also have marketing automation built into them or it may be an optional component or service.